ADULT EDUCATION CENTRE - April 2014
Built in 1902 in the Art Nouveau style, the original building was designed by well-known architect Henry T Hare. An English architect, he designed several distinguished buildings, including the Renaissance Revival Town Hall, Oxford (1893-7), with Elizabethan gables derived from Kirby Hall, Northants. The current listed building is 3 storeys built of red brick with 3 immense stone dormer windows on 2nd floor.
There are 7 casement windows and 3 large bays on the first floor. Above this floor is an amazing enriched frieze and round headed doorcase with curved open pediment with shell and scroll. An attractive base for learning in the heart of the community and in the town.