FRAMPTONS - Aug 2018
One of the town's most notable buildings, no 2 The Pantiles, was the home of the Lewes Old Bank, the first bank in Tunbridge Wells which opened in 1817.
In 1896 the Lewes Old Bank became one of twenty private banks which merged to become Barclay and Company Ltd which remained on the site until closure of the bank on 9th October, 2015.
In 2016 the building was refurbished by Tom Walker, Ed McAdam and Sam Westlake who own the Framptons Café Bar & Kitchen brand and opened later that year. They have made an excellent job of preserving the building's history, with many details from its former banking days still visible throughout.