MOUNT EPHRAIM HOUSE
Mount Ephraim House is an impressive building located on the A264 at the junction of Bishos Down Road. Little of the original building remains as the house was substantially rebuilt in the 1840's acquiring a red brick façade and Dutch gables.
Today it is operated as a residential home. It offers some very impressibve mosaic flooring along with ormate woodwork and beautiful ceilings. It is also claimed that the entrance to the much spoken about tunnels running to the Pantiles is below the building.
This page consists of two sets of galleries taken of Mount Ephriam House. Initial access to the building in 2016 when it was in daily use and after it had been vacated in August 2018 permission was kindly given to the Tunbridge Wells Project and we have documented the entire house as it is before major building work which started in late 2018.
The existing extension will be replaced together with sympathetic renovation of the main house ensuring that its character will be maintained. The redevelopment offering 57 spacious en-suite bedrooms will take approximately 12 months to complete allowing residents and staff to return during the summer of 2019.