OPERA HOUSE - Sept 2010

The purpose built Opera House opened in 1902, originally it was planned for the opening to coincide with the celebrations for Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee.

 

In 1931 the Opera House converted to a cinema which had to compete with the large newly built Ritz cinema, once described as “Kent’s most luxurious cinema” which opened its doors in 1934.  Today the Opera House is a popular pub, it still retains the stage and grand balconies and  occasionally transforms back into an Opera House for a night or two.

OH-Above-Chandalier-Gallery.jpg

Above Chandalier

Behind-Stage-Gallery.jpg

Behind Stage

OH-Yop-Circle-Gallery.jpg

Top Circle

OH-Rooftop-Gallery.jpg

Rooftop Views

Bar-Area-Gallery.jpg

Bar Area

OH-Conference-Room-Gallery.jpg

Conference Room

OH-Rear-Top-Circle-Gallery.jpg

Rear of Top Circle

OH-Dome-Interior-Gallery.jpg

Inside The Dome

OH-Basement-Gallery.jpg

Basement

OH-Restored-Circle-Gallery.jpg

Restored Circle

OH-Exterior-Gallery.jpg

Exterior

© 2019 The Tunbridge Wells Project     |     Privacy Policy

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon