TRINITY THEATRE Nov 2010

Designed by Decimus Burton the first stone of Holy Trinity was laid in 1827 and Trinity was subsequently built at a cost of £10,591 which was supplied by the Church Commissioners Fund for new churches.  In 1974, when the Church Commissioners deemed the building ‘redundant to pastoral needs’, the church was left unused and empty.

 

Thankfully due to a local campaign by the Tunbridge Wells Civic Society an agreement was formed with the Church Commissioners to fund a lease to turn Trinity into an Arts centre. This came to fruition in 1977 and since then it has become a central part of the town for a variety of shows and entertainment.

Trinity-Auditorium-Gallery.jpg

Auditorium

Beneath-Trinity-Gallery.jpg

Beneath Floor

Trinity-Cafe-Gallery.jpg

Divinity Cafe Bar

Trinity-Foyer-Gallery.jpg

Foyer

Trinity-Stairs-Gallery.jpg

Entrance & Stairs

Trinity-Above-Auditorium-Gallery.jpg

Above Auditorium

Cafe-Rebuild-Gallery.jpg

Cafe Building Work

Trinity-Dressing-Room-Gallery.jpg

Dressing Rooms

Trinity-Projection-Gallery.jpg

Lighting & Projection

Trinity-Storage-Room-19.jpg

Storage Room

Trinity-Art-Gallery-Gallery.jpg

Art Gallery

Trinity-Clock-Tower-Gallery.jpg

Clock Tower

Trinity-Exterior-Gallery.jpg

Exterior

Trinity-Meeting-Room-Gallery.jpg

Meeting Room

© 2019 The Tunbridge Wells Project     |     Privacy Policy

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon